Some days it's hard to turn off the "shoulds."
I should do this. I should do that. The more we remind ourselves of what we're not doing yet, the less we can live in the moment and focus on where we are and what we're doing now.
But it can be hard to turn that switch off.
I recently heard a friend say "If you knew that you had all of the knowledge and skills necessary to accomplish your deepest passions, what would change for you?"
It really caught me off guard and instantly liberated my mind. I wouldn't be searching for answers constantly, I'd look to myself first instead of seeking validation from random sources. I would take more action instead of questioning and doubting my abilities. Then I thought, why can't I use this mindset for everything in life?
Think about going through your day knowing that you have all of the answers inside you. Being able to move forward with confidence even if it means being a beginner and not stressing that you might make mistakes, you're human after all. This inspired me to write the following list of truths I wish everyone could know and embrace to nourish your mind and create cleansing clarity.
- I am allowed to start from where I feel comfortable
- I am capable of more than I often allow myself to be
- It's okay to disagree
- Choosing to not respond is also a response
- My true friends remind me of my strengths when I am focused on my weaknesses
- I am allowed to express myself in ways that work best for me
- It's okay to nourish myself on daily basis
- I am a priority in my own life
- Guilt is a feeling, not a fact
- My body is more than it's size and shape
- I am capable of acknowledging thoughts I don't need and letting them go
- There is no need to rush for the sake of someone else's pace
- I will make time for things that ignite my soul
- Advice I hear from others is not always meant for me, and that's okay
- I can listen to others with compassion over judgement
- My life is my message
- My actions can inspire others
- It's okay to say yes
- It's okay to say no
- Only I can decide how I think or feel
- Small frustrations don't have to overpower an entire day
- I do not have to put effort into relationships that are hurtful
- I am allowed to walk away from any relationship
- It's okay to ask for help
- I trust myself
- I know that doubt is fear disguised in discomfort
- I choose to see resilience where I feel weakness
- I am grateful for what my body can do
- All I can do is all I can do
- I see the value in my efforts even when the outcome isn't what I expected
- I don't have to carry what others have thrown at me
- My dreams are valid
- I am allowed to have wants just as much as needs
- My journey is a path that I choose
- I am worthy of love
- I can quiet my mind when I need to listen to my body
- It's okay to change my mind, even drastically
- How I treat myself resonates out into the world and reflects how others feel around me
- I am not afraid of not knowing, for I can learn
- I cherish who I am